اعْزِفُوا أَمْهَرَ عَزْفٍ مَعَ الْهُتَافِ، رَنِّمُوا لَهُ تَرْنِيمَةً جَدِيدَةً. (Arabic Life Application Bible) - Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. (NIV) PSALMS 33.3

Monday, November 27, 2006

Vacation Bible School 2006

Alright, from the 21st of November 2006 till 24th of November 2006, we had our VBS this year. I volunteered to help. And yes, never regreted every second in this event! I had fun, so as the kids too =). This year's VBS matured me in a way and taught me stuff that I can apply in my life. Hope it impacted the children aswell!

21st of November 2006

Woke up early for Praise and Worship practise. I'm playing guitar this year (shocked eh?). The practise was at 7.30am. Then 9.00am we opened them registration counters where the students (children) will find out which team they belong to for the next 4 days =P. We have five groups this year, due to the large amount of students. The team are Ray (I'm in this team), Cody, Spike, Pablo and Rosa. Here the them mascots:





I didn't get a picture on the layout but here's the only picture that consists on the layout =P:


Haha! Pardon Zlwin and I for posing =P. Zlwin is this year's Lead Guitarist =).

Oh wait! I found a better picture of the layout =P!

Found this in my camera. Forgot the upload the pictures! Haha!

Then we went to our stations. There are four stations, Interactive Learning, Craft Station, Food Craft, and Adventure Station (my personal favourite). But on the first day, we had photography first so yeah, kids delayed us all. HAha!


Interactive Learning Station





These are some pictures of the Adventure Station.

I don't have pictures of the foodcraft and Craft station. Haha! MY bad...

22nd of November 2006

Pretty much the same on the first day. But this time practise was at 8am. Kinda alright for this day. Everything went well and all. Nothing much! HahA!


This is Eunice and I. Another cute (more like pretty) girl. Very quiet but opened. She didn't come for the next two days. Similar like last year. I think she has been in the same group with me for like, 3 years edi. HAhah! God bless her.

23rd of November 2006

Woohoo! We went to the Water PArk in Shah Alam. No Praise and Worship on this day. Left church at 10.30am for Water Park. We chartered like, I think, 5 buses, then Ps. Ronald Teo and somebody else drove a van. Forgot. Yeah, here's the number plate of the bus my group was in:


Haha! It's like, MAD FOR 666! Hahahah! So contrast from this blog's title =P.

Reached the place around, 11.15am I think. Then we went to our usual "base". Yes, haha, we always book that one certain place where we can gather the kids and all. So yeah, started renting them tubes and all. I couldn't get into the water until it was 11.45am or something. Was busy helping the kids renting tubes! Haha! Then after that had fun and all. About 12 something, we had lunch. And yeah, the helpers "smuggled" food into the park because we wanted to cut cost a bit =P. Haha! But in the end there were some helpers having a chicken rice packet from the park (I had half of it =P). Then continued again. This year, I think I'm more responsible or something. I actually took care of them kids this year. Haha! Not like last year. Dump them with another helper and go have fun! HAHAHA! Then yeah, Gareth, a kid from VBS (my favourite child =P), asked me to pull some tubes and all. So yeah, we started a train of tubes of four. Then I saw Han Ern and his kids so yeah, decided to join in. Then we had 10 tubes. So yeah, we kept on adding it (mind you, I was still pulling from the first tube), till we reached, 34 tubes! Filled with children! Imagine, one tube, minimum 2 people. I saw many tubes filled with four to six people! HAHAH! Well, I kinda like, made it easier for the helpers to take care of them kids. Hahaha! All in one place in the same line. And yeah, I enjoyed doing it, pulling the "train of floats". Then after that, 3.30pm, we washed up and all. And yeah, this year again, we, the male helpers, had our own brotherhood session again. Haha! So yeah, we had videos and pictures (I won't put it up here =P). It was fun. Then after washing up, it rained heavily. Then long story short, everyone went home savely and we all had fun =). Some pictures during the trip:


The entrance of the Water Park.


The children and Adult Helper. My focus was on the girl looking away from the camera. Ong Huay Xin. Very cute and quiet girl. Hope she learned something from this event.


On the way back home. This is Huay Xin's elder sister, Ong Chen Xin. I think I spelt her name right =P. Hahah!


This is Huay Xin sleeping on the way back. GOD have mercy on my low sensitive camera =P. Haah!

So yeah, reached home safely then rest.

24th of November 2006

Alright, last day of VBS. For almost all the Youth helpers, they were like, FINALLY! I'm like, noooooooo... Because I really miss them kids. Anyways, so yeah, we went for our stations and all. Then yeah, finally, on this day, we had our second Praise session, by the Praise and Worship team instead of the CD. So yeah, last day have fun on guitar and yeah, I had fun =P. Hahaha! So did the kids. Yeah, overall, sad day =(. I miss them. Here are some pictures on the last day of VBS:


This is a bad picture of a student. I like this girl =). She speaks with attitude =P. Haha! Her name is Cassandrea and I have her dad's number :blink: Hahaha!


Zlwin and I.


This is Priscilla (I think I spelt wrongly). She's a very ummm, outgoing kid. Very chubby! Hahah!


This is Erica and I.


The guy above me is Aaron. Used to be a mischevious kid to me but after VBS, I got to know him more and yeah, he's my friend now =P. Then the girl next to me is Ada Lee. Big goo goo eyes! Haha! So cute =P.


Janielle and I. She shared during the last day of VBS. Good sharing!



Me with some kids. Love them all. And oh yeah, we have Adrian Yap to potong steam with us. Hahah!


This is a video of Erica playing a game in the Grande Games station. And I was phsychoing her because she didn't want to give me sweet. So yeah, I said, you don't want to give me sweet, you won't win =P. Haha! Mean =P.


This is Carolyn. She was in my group last year. Cute girl =P.

So yeah, after VBS we had the United concert. So, thank GOD again for this event! God bless everyone that participated for this event, parents and those who helped out in this event. God bless this event once more and hope next year's will be a blast, without me =P. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home