اعْزِفُوا أَمْهَرَ عَزْفٍ مَعَ الْهُتَافِ، رَنِّمُوا لَهُ تَرْنِيمَةً جَدِيدَةً. (Arabic Life Application Bible) - Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. (NIV) PSALMS 33.3

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 - Good or Bad?

The last day of 2006 is passing by very slowly. Well, I think it's just me being sleepy and not being able to sleep properly. I'm just worried about the Aftershock video for this year's GY Camp. We need to show the Aftershock video tonight but we've not started editing yet. We got like 100+ of video clips to compile and we're yet to start on any. Sigh, hope Larry and Hyon Le will figure out how to edit it. I cracked my head last night to figure out why I can't drag the clips into the timeline in iMovies and Final Cut. Hmmm, maybe I'm just a noob. Anyways, year 2006, is it good, or bad for me? Well, to be honest, it's good AND bad. Hahah! New experiences and chances this year, a lot of blessings and change in my life, also bitter memorise, and bad attitude still linger in me this year. So yeah, I'm gonna write a summary of all the good and bad things that happen to me this year, hopefully I remember all, I'm doing this spontaneously(sp?).

Good

Started the year 2006 all hyped up after the GY Camp 2005 - The Encounter. Yes, I realised that I've grown matured spiritually but haven't reached the adult stage where I can really listen to God's voice. So yes, school started and it was alright. Kenneth Gan asked me to join the team for some competition about some kiosk thingy. And yes, we got third, I didn't do much though! Hahah! Also, I joined the Sepak Takraw team for school. We got third/fourth placing in the non-Malay regu. That's really an experience. Then after those both competitions, I'm off to America to celebrate my brother's graduation! I miss that time! I miss my brother! I miss USA! I wish to return to America again, but the next time I go, I hope I'll go there to study. I've a goal, that is to study in America. The atmoshpere is great! Here are some pictures during the trip:


In Kuala Lumpur International Airport - KLIA. Just some posing with them yummy chocolates!


An hour stop in Stockholm, Sweden.


After 23 hours of flying, finally reached the airport. The guy with me is my brother (YAY!), Aaron Raj. Well, thought we've finally reached his apartment, but, I found out we had to travel another 2 hours to reach his place 0.0! HAHAH!


Outside my brother's apartment.


Just woke up after all them travelling in brother's apartment. Forgive me for looking bad.

I think my parents and I lazed a bit in the apartment and all. Nothing big, then I remember my first top class French three course meal in USA.


My apetiser, or however you spell that 0.o HAhah!


My brother and I in the restaurant.

After lunch, we were just walking around that certain area and yeah, ended up in some hall. Music hall.


My mum and I.

Then I remember visiting some historical sites. Philly (Philadelphia) is where the Americans signed a treaty with the British settlers - Independance Day.



The Liberty Bell =P. Hahah!

Then yeah, we went for my brother's graduation. It was awesome! Wow, SO MANY PEOPLE IN A STADIUM! It was a chilly evening. CURSES! Hahah!


My brother's name being announced.


My brother and I. My brother is feeling very anxious to go party with his friends. HAHAH!

The next day, brother had this commancement(sp?) thing. Where all them graduates will be there in the stadium together. So yeah, imagine how pack the stadium was! Haha!


Jodie Foster at the commancement.


Just posing on the street. Hahah!

Then yeah, after that, we went to Washington DC.


First stop - the Hospital =P. hahah!

Then we went to some musuems - all FREE!!!! Hahah! Very nice museums! Love them.


And of course, the White House =).

To safe cost, my family stayed in my dad's friend;s house. Very nice people! Miss them too!


The children. Super cute people!

And then we went back to Philly to pack our stuff. But it ain't the end yet! We went to NYC AFTER THAT! WOOHOO!!!


Having lunch in a Korean restaurant after travelling to NYC.


The hotel I stayed in NYC. Very umm, artistic design.


I stayed beside that^ =P. Hahah!

And yeah, we went to few places along 5th Avenue. All in walking distance. Went to the Empire States Building, Trump Tower, Rockerfella Centre and some other streets. Some pictures. Sorry I can't upload all, taking too much time! HAHAH!


On the 88th floor of Empire State Building. Freaking cold! Hahah!


Trump Tower.


Rockerfella Centre.


MTV Headquaters.

So yeah, after that, time to go home.


My last picture with my brother and parents in America. Miss my brother!

So yeah, a lot more of pictures to upload but I'm lazy. Altogether, the trip was great, weather kinda suck but yeah, love it. I missed my mid term examinations though =P. Hahah! Glory to God!

The only thing that keeps me going to school is for the Christian Fellowship. If not for the CF, I would've changed school already. STAR CF this year was awesome. Eventhough we're not legal but we're growing in quantity and quality! We had a lot of activities this year, few salvation also. And yes, it's sad that our CF had to end early this year. But something "good" happened to me I think. God has finally showed me the purpose why I'm still in my school. I've been chosen as next year's CF president! Ouch! Unbelievable? Too bad, God believes me. Then yes, the next best thing that happened this year was, the chance to serve in the Praise and Woship team for this year's Interschool Rally - ChapterII! WHEEE! Finally! My greatest dream has come true!


Me on drums during praise and worship session.


The team.

Really great praising the Lord with the talents He has given me! Hope to play again next year.

Then yeah, for education wise, to me, I think I did well for my end term examinations. My first ever term exam this year and yeah, kinda rock for me. 7A's out of ten subjects. Well, I screwed up in them three papers but, thank God for the results! Also, there's the chance of serving God in the GY Media ministry. I posted that in here also. Other good stuff too. But that's just the summary and I'm typing whatever that comes through my mind. So yeah, there're loads more good stuff that happened to me. the BEST is spiritual maturity for God. Amen. Hope to mature more next year.

Bad

A lot of things went bad. I used to remember my praise and worship practise very well but now I;m forgetful. Sigh. Hope to change this habit next year. Gah. Forgetful me! Grrr! Then yeah, this year, I've started to skip classes and fooling around too much. I broke people's heart and stuff. I didn't get an A in my language subjects and the most easy subject in my curricular - EST. Sigh. And yes, I've slander people. I've backstabbed people. I've sin a lot. I hope to throw all these away. And let more way for the good stuff to enter into my life!

So that's pretty much of my summary. A lot of bad stuff. I will not post it! Hope I can change my attitude, my habit, my thinking also next year. Time to excel Spiritually, Mentally, Sosially and of course, physically - means, lose weight! Haah! Well, all glory goes to God! Amen! Will post about resolutions in another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home